The marine life protection project is located on the Pacific coast of Ecuador, in Las Tunas, Manabí province, a popular destination for sustainable and responsible travel. The project in sustainable tourism aims to protect the turtles that nest on these beaches, as well as ensure the conservation of local biodiversity (forest, beach, etc.). Communities and international volunteers work together to ensure the protection of the wildlife and flora in this coastal region.
This environmental protection mission is open to all profiles and can be particularly interesting for families and nature lovers.
Volunteers' tasks during their sustainable and responsible trip include:
You will be staying in a hostel on the beach in Las Tunas. This hostel has rooms, which can be divided for boys and girls.
Facing the sea, you can relax in the hammocks provided for this purpose…&
Recommendations for working with animals
– Remember that all activities are necessary for the welfare of the animals and the rescue center. In addition, the more involved you become in your work, the more responsibility you will be assigned once you have reached a certain level of trust with the turtles and workers.
– Please check with your local doctor about any vaccinations you may need before traveling to Ecuador, however, rabies and tetanus vaccinations are recommended.
This project is for animal lovers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty!
– Guayaquil Arrival Package: Meet and greet at Guayaquil International Airport and one night at a hotel in Guayaquil / from €150
– Private transfer from Quito to Baños: 3/4h – from 130€
– Transfer Guayaquil-Montañita: 2h30 – from 80€.
– Transfer Guayaquil-Puerto Lopez : Private transfer from Guayaquil to Puerto Lopez project (3h) – from 125€.
– Registration form with your contact information and travel dates (which we will send by email).
– Airline tickets.
– Scan of passport.