Project in schools 1 hour from Windhoek, the capital, to help children who do not always have access to education, (or who are in a handicap situation) by assisting teachers and professionals in their daily tasks.
You can choose between 2 different programs:
- Assistance in an elementary school
- Assistance in rehabilitation and education centers
You will assist in the schools assisting the teachers, the goal being to give a chance to the children of this community, and to teach them a multitude of things so that they can build a stable future.
- Take care of the children on a daily basis (putting on shoes, going to the toilet, washing hands,...)
- Assist the teachers in their activities (help during exercises, tidy up the classrooms,...)
- Create lessons and presentations for the children
- Get involved in extracurricular activities (which can sometimes be on weekends)
This school is located in Windhoek, the capital of the country, with this project you will help and have a positive impact on the lives of the children. The project is based on two different sites, a rehabilitation center for families and children with special needs and an education center for children between 1 and 6 years old.
- 6:30 am: breakfast
- 7:00 am: transfer to the rehabilitation center
- 7:30am to 12:00pm: Project at the rehabilitation center
- 12:00/13:00: lunch
- 1pm: transfer to the education center
- 1:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.: project at the education center
- 5:15pm: transfer to accommodation
- 7:00 pm : dinner
- 7:30/8:30: games including topics like animals, art, stories,...
- 8:30 am : teach songs, and tell stories to the children
- 9:00 am: help with breakfast
- 9:30am: a psychologist works with the children, either one on one or in groups, there is one topic per week that incorporates developmental skills for the children.
- 11:30 am: help with lunch
- 12:00 pm: telling stories for the children's nap, for the volunteers staying at the center in the afternoon.
Missions at the education center:
- Bible reading and children's stories
- Art workshops
- Games and sports activities
- For children over 6 years old: basic mathematics and languages.
*Calculated on the basis of 66% tax reduction. For more information on donations to organizations of general interest, go to the official website of the public service
Elementary School Program:
Accommodations in converted tents (2 or 3 per tent), laundry service, swimming pool, bar/cafe.
Program with disabled children:
Accommodation in shared rooms and bathrooms, laundry service, swimming pool, bar and barbecue upon availability.
– 18 years
– 2 weeks minimum for the project with children with disabilities
– 4 weeks minimum for the project in the elementary school
– Experience with children and in teaching preferred but not required