You will have to take care of Australia's famous mammals such as Koalas, Kangaroos or Wallabies. The park is also home to a variety of birds, reptiles and fish that you will be able to discover during your volunteer program. Support our organization in the preservation of these animal species that make the country famous.
Program placement is located in Tropical North Queensland at a wildlife park based in Port Douglas, 50 minutes north of Cairns. This location provides a great way to experience the wonders of the tropical north, where the Great Barrier Reef meets World Heritage rainforest. The dedicated team of wildlife keepers will assist all Volunteers embarking on this program. There is plenty of time on days off to explore this beautiful region and live like a local.
- Preparing food for our native wildlife (this is often a daily task)
- Cleaning and maintenance of animal enclosures
- Koala leaf collection and distribution
- Upkeep of displays and exhibits Plantation maintenance
- General park maintenance tasks
- Greeting and engaging with our customers
- Joining keepers on guided tours of park
Volunteers may also be given the chance to participate in:
- Animal handling
- Plant identification and collection
- Caring for injured and orphaned animals
- Assist with record keeping duties under supervision
- Offsite projects - Community , Environmental, Cultural, eg. environmental clean-up days, community interaction days, tree planting / wildlife carer projects, and indigenous cultural experience opportunities.
*Calculated on the basis of 66% tax reduction. For more information on donations to organizations of general interest, go to the official website of the public service
During your placement as a Wildlife Volunteer, your accommodation is arranged in Cairns on arrival and departure; for the rest of the time you will be residing in Port Douglas with other volunteers.
Your accommodation will be mixed dorm share at both locations; each one has its own style and level of luxury. Both properties have comfortable rooms, air-conditioning, modern facilities and clean self-catering kitchens with plenty of opportunities to interact with other travelers from around the world.
– 18 years
– Fluency in English.
– A copy of your passport.
– Visitor visa for stays of less than 12 weeks or working holiday for stays of more than 12 weeks.